The best way to reheat tamales is with a vegetable steamer. It takes 20-25 minutes to re-heat them. You can also use a microwave if you’re in a hurry. Click below to read full instructions.
- Put the tamales in a slightly open microwavable plastic bag or container.
- Add a teaspoon or two of water per tamale to prevent drying during cooking.
- Heat on high power for two minutes per tamale, making sure to rotate tamales a couple of times during cooking or use a microwave with an automatic turntable.
- Remove tamales from packaging and place in a steamer pot (vegetable steamer ok).
- For 4-8 frozen tamales steam covered for 20-25 minutes once water has come to a boil. Additional time may be necessary depending on how many tamales are in the pot and at high altitudes.
- Do not let tamales contact the boiling water.